History

The Newman Knights Hockey Club has a long and proud history of hockey in Western Australia.  The Club was founded in 1922 at New Norcia and known as St St Ildephonsus College Old Boys Hockey Club.

In the 1960s, we relocated to Churchlands and the Club became known as the Marist Hockey Club.  It wasn’t until 1979 that we became known as the Newman Hockey Club and Incorporated in 1983.

In 1986, the Newman Sports Complex opened as clubrooms and this is still our home today.

In 2002 we merged with another local hockey club, called North City Knights to strengthen our numbers across the Club.  It was at this time we also took on the name – Newman Knights Hockey Club – to recognise the history of both clubs and our future together.

Today the Newman Knights Hockey Club has 16 sides competing in the WA Hockey Association competition in Men’s, Women’s, Juniors and Masters.

NewmanPhoto4

Another important part of our history is the Club Song.

The Newman Knights Club Song

We are the Knights
We are the Knights
We are the mighty Newman Knights

SO………

Come look us over
See what you find
A mighty fine hockey club
With one thought in mind
Never mind the weather
Never mind the heat
We’ll be there at the end of the year
And we’ll be hard to beat

Our name is Newman
Our colours are black and blue
The flag is what we’re after
And only the flag will do
And we’ll be there at the end of the year
And we’ll be hard to beat
Cause we’re the mighty Newman Knights
EHHHH!!

110807_NKHC_19alt_paint_Br