Code of Conduct
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain/team representative approach the official during a break or after the competition.
- Control your temper. Verbally abusing officials, sledging or provoking your opponent and criticising your team mates, are unacceptable behaviours.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team’s performance will benefit, so will you.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or the opposition.
- Treat all participants in your sport as you like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with your coach, team mates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
Coaches and Spectators
- Applaud good performance and efforts from all individuals and teams. Congratulate all participants on their performance regardless of the game’s outcome.
- Respect the decisions of officials. Without them, there would be no game.
- Never ridicule or criticise players for making a mistake. Whilst positive comments are motivational, negative comments (including those made in jest) can have unintended and serious consequences.
- Condemn the use of violence in any form, whether it is by spectators, coaches, officials or players.
- Show respect for your team’s opponents. Without them there would be no game.
- Encourage players to follow the rules and the officials’ decisions.
- Do not use foul language, sledge or harass players, coaches or officials.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
Enforcement and Penalties
A breach of this code may result in disciplinary action at the discretion of the coach, captain/team representative and/orCommittee.
Disciplinary action will depend on the severity of the breach, but may involve:
(a) a verbal caution;
(b) a sending off (for either a short period or the remainder of the game);
(d) in the case of serious or repeated breaches, cancellation of Club membership.